how did you come up with the name of your blog At the time I wasn't even thinking about the title - I just went "Shine shine shine... Shine times three... Shine by Three - that'll do, I can always change it later" :) I guess it's stuck. when where you introduced to fashion I think it was always there - we say that fashion and style is everywhere now, and that kind of thing, but really that's always been the case. So I grew up admiring models in magazines, and ad campaigns on bus stops and billboards. It was all tied in with my art and performing arts too - painting, sketching, photography are so much a part of fashion, and fashion is a huge part of dance... so I guess that helped. how do you describe your style Ridiculously eclectic - I love mashing together extremes in one outfit, but then the next day you wouldn't even be able to tell it was out of the same wardrobe if I wasn't wearing it. what made you start a fashion blog Funny story: I'd been admiring Paris Fashion Week photos and I was (and still am) insanely in love with Jean Paul Gaultier's sheer panel tights from his FW09 show, but I was raving about them to my friends and nobody had any clue what I was talking about. So on some freak logic of mine, I just started a blog and posted about them - I still haven't found those tights! Can anyone help me there? what do you think you bring to the fashion blog world I like to think that I bring some variety and something fresh. My style is pretty unpredictable in itself, but rather than just posting outfits or only doing runway/editorial reviews, I like to shake it up every second day, so I post my sketches, random designs, outfits, editorials... there's a nice mix in there. how is your style different than everyone else I think I'm different in that my style is more about the approach than it is about the actually pieces I'm wearing. The way you pair pieces is just as important as how well it suits your personality. who is your inspiration I always love Alexa Cheung for her girly-designer mashup, but I have to say Catherine Baba is absolutely phenomenal in how she treats her outfits as art - even if I would never wear the whole ensemble, I love looking at the silhouettes she creates. what impression do you want to leave on the people that visits your blog Friendly, fun, inspirational, different, interesting, I'm-intrigued. who is your favorite designer Of course all those International Runway designers are always fantastic, but at the moment I'm loving up-and-coming designers who take a completely different tack on all their work, e.g. AL & ALICIA (based in Singapore), USCARI, Gail Sorronda (both showing at RAFW this year), and Camilla Wellton, are just some of them. what piece is a must have in your closet Rings rings rings. They have this crazy ability to complete change a look - I need to expand my collection!

Margaret Zhang - Shine By Three from chris evans on Vimeo.