how did you come up with the name of your blog "Heat" is the first half of my name (Heather) and I also love hot weather and outfits. "Storm" kind of represents a kind of randomness and electricity. "Heat storm" is also another term for a heat wave... I kind of feel like it's my Xmen alter ego. when where you introduced to fashion I think this must have coincided with the rise of the Spice Girls. I was baby, and I saved for months to buy a pair of shimmery blue sketcher platform sneakers. I was STOKED when the sales girls said I looked just like a real Spice Girl. how do you describe your style laid back, comfy, loose, but always short. Highly influenced by the late 80s/early 90s. Simple and sometimes silly. what made you start a fashion blog I had to do a web design unit for my advertising degree (which I just barely passed!) and we had to design our own blogs as an assignment. Around the same time I was also getting into fashion blogs like fashion toast and the clothes horse, and I just kind of rolled with it... what do you think you bring to the fashion blog world That's a hard question! I hope to project the idea that fashion can be beautiful, which I think is important, and it can also be fun and carefree and bring a smile to a stranger's face. how is your style different than everyone else I don't often dress super uniquely, but I'm working on being more confident in what I think looks good. I guess I am different in that I NEVER discriminate against clothes or shops. I find the ugliest clothes and I still hold them up and think "I'm sure I could work that". Most of my clothes are from Op shops, Target, or some cheap, trashy store. I think true creativity is bred from having restrictions and looking for solutions in the most unlikely of places.
who is your inspiration People who could look super hot and sexy, but instead choose to look creative or make a statement - Lady Gaga, Chloe Sevigny, Alexa Chung, the Olsens (sorry, I still don't know the difference), Victoria Beckham and Whitney Port. what impression do you want to leave on the people that visits your blog I guess I want to bring a sense of fun... I sometimes wear things I know are a bit ugly or weird, I just hope no one takes me too seriously. who is your favorite designer Alexander Wang and Camilla and Marc for their loose and subtle sexy, and Jean Paul Gaultier for his costuming genius in The Fifth Element. what piece is a must have in your closet Distressed denim shorts - I used to be quite into black but I'm starting to warm to a lighter palette. I pair them either with a tight top tucked in, or a long loose top that almost hides them completely.