how did you come up with the name of your blog To be honest it just came to me, it had a nice ring to it, was warm and friendly so that’s what I went with. when where you introduced to fashion My first introduction to fashion would be shopping adventures with my mum when I was little. My mum has a great eye for vintage pieces in particular, so I definitely picked up my love of classic fashion from her. how do you describe your style Fun, feminine and creative, with a strong vintage element. Regardless of what I’m wearing, I always tend to incorporate something ‘pretty’ into my outfit, whether it be a floral print, bow headband or full skirt. what made you start a fashion blog I have always loved fashion and design. One day I was going through my wardrobe, and thought a blog would be a good way to capture and record some of my favorite outfits
what do you think you bring to the
fashion blog world I’d like to think I bring a combination of modern and vintage fashion, DIY, photography and lifestyle that is achievable and realistic. I’m just sharing my style and my story. how is your style different than everyone else I like to approach style creatively, so I really like the challenge of working and reworking items in different and unique ways whether it be wearing a handbag strap as a belt, or reconstructing that hideous vintage dress into a modern classic.
who is your inspiration I have many sources of inspiration - my mum inspires strength, my fiancé is a fabulous creative inspiration, and then there are the classics like Audrey Hepburn, Sophia Lauren and Grace Kelly, who are some of my style icons.what impression do you want to leave on the people that visits your blog I hope people visiting my blog leave having enjoyed a combination of fashion, photography and humility. how is your favorite designer We have some fabulous Australia designers, which I am head over heals for including
Camilla and Marc and Zimmermann
, but perhaps more inspiring for me is the emerging and local designers I get to work with. At the moment I am hooked on Arizona based designer Monique Martinez, whose designs optimize fun and femininity (Clouds of Cotton Candy post). what piece is a must have in your closet Must haves for me are the basics – a good pair of jeans, cotton tank top, LBD and a killer pair of sky high heels. For me, these pieces form a base that you can build upon with accessories to create a range of different looks, regardless of what’s fashionable at any given time.